- Technical Description
The Pilar IV is a twist on your favorite everyday carry. With a larger clip point blade and a thumb slot opening, it keeps the spirit of the original and the epic tale behind its name. It’s understated when tucked away, and carefully designed to punch above its weight when in use.
Jesper Voxnaes designed the Pilar® to be a reliable everyday carry and named it after Ernest Hemingway’s beloved boat—the 38-foot long vessel that he used for renegade surveillance of German U-boats during WWII in Caribbean waters. The world-famous author was also a WWI combat vet, big-game hunter, sailor, and fisherman, and certainly would have selected an everyday knife companion like the Pilar® IV for his daily endeavors.
With a 3-inch clip-point blade made of strong D2 steel, the Pilar® IV provides more utility and control for precise tasks. The handle is made of G10 and stainless steel, combining durability and strength for exceptional grip. The thumb slot makes for easy one-hand opening and the IKBS™ ball bearing pivot system ensures smooth action.
- Superior Performance: D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention
- Smooth Opening: IKBS™ ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Easy Opening: Thumb slot for easy one hand opening
- Tough and Durable: G10 with stainless steel handle combines durability and strength
- Brute Strength: Frame lock utilizes a thick lock bar to secure the blade
- Low Profile: Pocket clip provides secure carry
- Visual Appeal: Brass stonewashed backspacer
|3.09" (78.59 mm)
|0.15" (3.81 mm)
|7.34" (186.54 mm)
|4.26" (108.20 mm)
|3.90 oz. (110.56 g)
|G10 | Stainless Steel
|Folding Knife w/Frame Lock