- Technical Description
Designed by Jesper Voxnaes in Loegstrup, Denmark
Where minimal design meets maximum utility.
The Pilar III with D2 Blade Steel transforms the minimalist’s sailor knife into a distinctly urban everyday carry folder while keeping the spirit of the classic and the epic tale behind its name. It’s still low profile and understated when tucked away, and carefully designed to punch above its weight when in use.
Jesper Voxnaes designed the original Pilar® in his Logstrup, Denmark shop, and named it after Ernest Hemingway’s beloved boat—the 38-foot long vessel that he used for renegade surveillance of German U-boats during WWII in Caribbean waters. The world-famous author was also a WWI combat vet, big-game hunter, sailor, and fisherman, and certainly would have selected an everyday knife companion like the Pilar® III with D2 Blade Steel for his daily endeavors.
The substantial 2.9” spear point blade of the Pilar® III with D2 Blade Steel is crafted of strong D2 steel that keeps its edge and features a resilient satin finish. The highly grippy G10 handle thrives throughout years of use and the eye-catching, off-color lanyard loop elevates the look. A thumb slot opening mechanism deploys the blade and the IKBS™ ball bearing pivot system makes for a super smooth rotation.
The modern Hemingway is the ultimate Renaissance man, and the Pilar® III with D2 Blade Steel is the knife that will stand up to the challenge.
- Superior Performance: D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention
- Smooth Opening: IKBS™ ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Easy opening: Thumb slot for easy one hand opening
- Tough and Durable: G10 with stainless steel handle combines durability and strength
- Brute Strength: Frame lock utilizes a thick lock bar to secure the blade
- Low Profile: Pocket clip provides secure carry
- Visual Appeal: Brass stonewashed backspacer
|Blade Length||2.97" (75.36 mm)|
|Blade Thickness||0.15" (3.81 mm)|
|Overall Length||7.19" (182.58 mm)|
|Closed Length||4.26" (108.10 mm)|
|Weight||3.80 oz. (107.73g)|
|Handle||Front - G10; back - 2Cr13 SS|
|Style||Folding Knife w/Frame Lock|