- Technical Description
Designed by Jesper Voxnaes in Loegstrup, Denmark
Redefine ‘routine maintenance.’
Made with shop work in mind, the Cottidae™ /cot-e-day/ everyday carry folding knife is a compact, stout mechanic’s knife equipped to handle dirty jobs. Built with Field Strip Gen II, it quickly comes apart without tools for easy cleaning—even when it meets oil and grease. The Cottidae™ is pure compact power.
Jesper Voxnaes of Loegstrup, Denmark is a master of his craft—he’s fluent in the principles of knife design. That’s how he knows exactly when to bend the rules. At first glance, the shape of the knife is deceivingly box-like. But get your hand around the aluminum handle, and it feels like it belongs. The drop point blade is crafted of D2 steel for excellent edge retention and it deploys smoothly with the IKBS™ ball bearing pivot system. Find it slowing down in the middle of a dirty workday and Field Strip Gen II lets you quickly disassemble it without tools on the spot to purge it of grease and grime.
Knife maintenance was never made to look so good.
- Easy Maintenance: Field Strip – take apart your knife for cleaning without tools
- Smooth Opening: IKBS™ ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Superior Performance: D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention
- Fast Opening: Flipper deploys the blade fast
- Strong And Lightweight: Aluminum handle combines strength with minimal weight
- Carry Options: Adjustable clip for left or right hand carry
|Blade Length||2.61" (66.29 mm)|
|Blade Thickness||0.13" (3.40 mm)|
|Overall Length||6.38" (161.93 mm)|
|Closed Length||3.78" (96.04 mm)|
|Weight||3.30 oz. (93.55 g)|
|Style||Field Strip Folding Knife w/Liner Lock|