- Technical Description
World-renowned designer Ken Onion made Hawaii home many years ago. So, to pay tribute to his deep love of the island’s rich culture and verdant landscape, he designed the Bona Fide™ OD GREEN everyday carry folding knife to suggest the shape of a traditional Hawaiian waʻa, or canoe. And with Field Strip Gen II, it’s just as powerful as it looks.
Years ago from his shop in Kaneohe, Hawaii, Ken Onion invented the first generation of Field Strip technology. With the recrafted, reimagined, and simpler Field Strip Gen II, his creativity has boldly entered new territory. The Bona Fide™ OD GREEN folding knife is a substantial everyday carry measuring at just over 8” from the tip of the strong 1.4116 blade to the end of the strong, lightweight textured green aluminum handle. The dropped tip of the blade has both the benefits of modified wharncliffe and modified drop point and deploys smoothly with the IKBS™ ball bearing pivot system. Field Strip Gen II lets you quickly disassemble it without tools on the spot to purge it of grease and grime.
The knife that meets at the crossroads of futuristic usability and an homage to tradition.
- Easy Maintenance: Field Strip – take apart your knife for cleaning without tools
- Smooth Opening: IKBS™ ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Easy to Sharpen: high carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Fast Opening: Flipper deploys the blade fast
- Lightweight And Strong: Aluminum handle combines strength with minimal weight
- Low Profile: Deep carry clip rides low in the pocket
|Model Code||K540GXP/ K542GKP|
|Blade Length||3.52" (89.28 mm)|
|Blade Steel||D2/ 1.4116|
|Blade Finish||Satin/ PVD|
|Blade Thickness||0.13" (3.38 mm)|
|Overall Length||8.25" (209.55 mm)|
|Closed Length||4.66" (118.41 mm)|
|Weight||4.20 oz. (119.07 g)|
|Style||Field Strip Folding Knife w/Liner Lock|