- Technical Description
The Trapper gets its name from the consumer it was designed for. Because of its basic trapping and skinning blades and its light weight, it is a must-have knife for those who trap small game. Our distinctive Gray Bone with extra Pocket Worn® finishing and easy-sharpening Chrome Vanadium blades will make these knives feel like familiar old friends that are always willing to lend an extra hand.
It is a jack knife with two full length blades; a slender Clip and a long Spey. The Clip blade is commonly used as a multi-purpose blade and preferred for detail work while the Spey blade is commonly used as an all-purpose utility blade. This knife is constructed with our Chrome Vanadium (CV) steel. Some knife lovers will settle for nothing less than Chrome Vanadium blades, since this special formula of alloyed steel is the "original" Case blade steel. Case Chrome Vanadium blades are known for their edge-holding ability and easy re-sharpening. However, they are less resistant to rusting, pitting and discoloration than stainless steel
- Mirror-polished Chrome Vanadium stainless steel blades
- Clip and Spey Blades
- Crandall Jig Gray Bone handle; Case oval script shield
- Length: 4.13 inches closed and 4.0 ounces
- Our distinctive Gray Bone with extra Pocket Worn® finishing and easy-sharpening blades will make these knives feel like familiar old friends that are always willing to lend an extra hand.
- The Clip blade is extremely versatile — just the thing for those everyday tasks at work or around the house. With a sharp point for piercing, the shape allows for better control of the cutting edge.
- The Spey blade was a vital tool for farmers and ranchers who would use it when castrating livestock. Also a favored tool for skinning game, this all-purpose blade shape is found in many popular knife patterns such as the Trapper.
Note: Because we use hand-crafting and natural materials your knife may not look exactly as depicted.
|Closed Length||4.13 in|
|Pattern Stamp||6254 CV|
|Handle Material||Gray Bone|
|Blade Type||Clip, Spey|
|Blade Length(s)||3.24 in, 3.27 in|
|Lock Type||Non-Locking (Slip Joint)|
|Blade Material||Chrome Vanadium|