- Technical Description
The GEM8 emits ultra-bright light with excellent penetrability, ideal for identifying the texture, technique, flaws and crack of gemstones. The torch has a special design to ensure great beam focus and a flat top which allows for close inspection without scratching the stone. Ideal for small gem inspection, the LED is attached directly to the lens to ensure zero light loss.
The Nitecore GEM8 gemstone identification torch has a maximum output of 500 lumens from Cree XP-L HI V3 LED and is powered by either 1 x Li-ion 18650 or 2 x single use CR123 batteries.
The GEM8 is operated by a rotary side switch, offering infinitely variable brightness from 1 to 500 lumens. Simply turn the dial clockwise to increase and anti-clockwise to lower the output as required.
Maximum beam distance 39 meters, waterproof to IPX-8 and resistant to impacts up to 1 meter.
- Turbo: 500 lumens - 1 hr runtime
- Ultralow: 1 lumen - 500 hrs runtime
- spare o-rings
- Cree XP-L HI V3 LED emits a maximum output of 500 lumens
- Rotary switch allows infinite variable brightness adjustment
- The LED is attached to lens directly to ensure zero light loss
- High efficiency constant circuit provides unwavering output with a maximum runtime of 500 hours
- Advance Temperature Regulations (ATR) module
- Integrated measurement scale
- Toughened ultra clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Constructed from aero grade aluminium alloy with HAIII military grade hard anodised finish
- Tail stand capability
|Max Output||500 lumens|
|Weight||57.7 g / 2.03 oz|
|Feature||Infinitely Variable Brightness|
|Max Beam Distance||39 m|
|Max Beam Intensity||380 cd|
|Max Runtime||500 h 0 m / 20.83 d|
|LED||CREE XP-L HI V3|
|Battery||1 × 18650 ,2 × CR123|
|Beam color||White light|
|Length||139 mm / 5.47 in|
|Head Size||9 mm / 0.35 in|