- Technical Description
Our HOVER SERIES Packs utilize anatomically curved frame stays to create a ventilated, air-cooled back panel that levitates the load off your back.
Our HOVER packs take a unique MYSTERY RANCH approach in providing both these essentials for warm-weather hiking. Most other packs designed for warm weather integrate a full panel of mesh against your back, but our HOVER packs feature anatomically curved frame stays to create a ventilated, air-cooled back panel that levitates the load off your back minimizing back-to-pack contact and maximizing airflow without compromising our Load Carriage™ vision. With our articulated HOVER yoke and harnessing, much of the weight gets redirected to the hip belt for a cooler, more comfortable carry.
- The Hover Pack's framing system consists of a pre-flexed external, vertical aluminum frame that works in tandem with the horizontal aluminum stay around the lumbar. When tension is applied to the load lifters, it forces the pack to stand-off the back allowing for airflow between the pack and back. Through patented features and construction methods, the mainframe transfers the weight of the load into the wings which relay the weight and equalizes the contact around and into the belt. The waist belt cants and conforms over the hips to effectively transfer and distribute the weight and eliminate slippage down over the hips.
- Women's specific harnessing and patented Futura Yoke easily micro adjusts to the torso length allowing the proper amount of stand-off between the back and frame. Featuring an asymmetrical 3-ZIP design for easy, rapid access to the interior.
- 7000 series aluminum vertical frame and lumbar frame provide lightweight comfort and structure
- Minimal contact creates maximum breathability
- Yoke has pre-curved fit to hug shoulders, a separate aero-spacer cape creates stand-off breathability
- Front Stick-it provides quick access, exterior storage
- Zippered accessory compartment at the face
- Water bottle pockets keep hydration handy
- Side and bottom compression straps
- Zippered lid compartment for essentials
- 3 L (100 oz) hydration reservior pocket against frame with ports to drinking tube above shoulders
- 420D Twill Box Rip fabric
- YKK® zippers