- Technical Description
It may be small, but just like the souped-up 4x4 rigs that inspired its name, the Overland™ Compact is overbuilt and ready to perform in the roughest conditions. It takes the design cues and materials of the full-size Overland™ and puts them into an ultra-portable form factor that practically disappears in a pocket. When it’s time to stop the convoy and set up camp, this knife makes short work of light food prep and whittles the perfect marshmallow stick.
Designer T.J. Schwarz, a passionate overlander himself, developed the Overland™ concept as a knife that could fill the many roles needed when traversing the great outdoors. The plain-edge blade drops below the handle for easier cutting on a flat surface and, thanks to resilient D2 steel, it’s built to maintain a sharp edge for the long haul. Likewise, the grippy G10 handle provides a solid hold in any weather conditions, and the sturdy frame lock ensures the blade stays securely open when in use.
But a compact knife like this must also be convenient. That’s where the thumb stud and pocket clip come in, allowing you to swing the blade open easily in one hand and keep it securely tucked away when not in use. Finally, the orange anodized accents add a small bit of flare and give the Overland™ Compact its signature outdoorsy look.
- Superior Performance: D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention
- Easy Opening: Thumb stud allows for fast opening with one hand
- Tough and Durable: G10 with stainless steel handle combines durability and strength
- Brute Strength: Frame lock utilizes a thick lock bar to secure the blade
- Low Profile: Pocket clip provides secure carry
- Visual Appeal: Orange anodized pivot ring and backspacer accents
|2.24" (56.79 mm)
|0.13" (3.23 mm)
|5.41" (137.41 mm)
|3.19" (81.05 mm)
|3.10 oz. (87.88 g)
|G10 | Stainless Steel
|Folding Knife w/Frame Lock